CHAINE DE L’ESPOIR/CHAIN OF HOPE – EUROPE unites the skills and resources of five European NGO’s:
- La Chaîne de l’Espoir (France)
- Chaine de l’Espoir / Keten van Hoop (Belgium)
- Bambini Cardiopatici Nel Mondo (Italy)
- RobinAid Foundation (Germany)
- Cadeia da Esperança (Portugal)
This European organization, which is based in Brussels, is a non-profit network of medical experts who have been caring for people in need and sharing knowledge in Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South America for over 20 years.
According to common principals and humanitarian values to which the founding NGO’s adhere, this international medical network will be active in the following areas:
- to make human capital available for medical missions to existing projects;
- to make the skills and means needed for new common projects;
- to unite the expertise of each organisation to capitalise on their experinece and know-how;
- to advance a united strategy for raising donors’ and authorities’ awarness
The Paediatric Cardic Centre at Fan University Hospital of Dakar is the first common project of all organizations which are united under the umbrella of Chaîne de l’espoir Europe. The goal is to establish an Centre of Excellence which will serve as a teaching hospital for other centres in West Africa.